Friday, April 30, 2010

Kindness Conquers!

There's a place I frequent (far too often) that is lovely inside.  As warm as the interior was; the shop owner wasn't.  When I meet someone that I perceive unfriendly or even hostile OR I find hard to like, my mindset immediately goes to:  "I am going to conquer them." 

We've all heard the saying "kill them with kindness."  It works!  Perhaps I just wore her down with my chipper demeanor; but I'd say the shop owner and I are now on friendly terms. 

Tomorrow, fifteen (15) youngsters from 8 to 12 years old, are attending a Manners Boot Camp.  A goal is to teach them that kindness is much more valuable than knowing what fork to use.

I'll let you know how we do.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how it goes with this age group. I will get Leah in one of these for sure.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete

It'd be SO NICE of you to drop me a comment...