Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quiet Confidence

There are some people that command a room - in an obnoxious way.  Too loud, too in your face.  Have to be the center of attention.  Others walk into the room and have presence. I call this quiet confidence and think it should be a goal of our young people.

Beth Moore talks about walking in security.  "When you act secure, you become secure."  I tell students in my workshops "fake it until you make it."  (same as Beth Moore, right?)

 I really believe that role-playing helps a child feel prepared:  whether it's the first day of first grade, the 8th grade dance, day 1 of freshman year.  Their first interview. 

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of becoming."
 - Goethe

2 comments:

  1. Great advice.
    Hey you should ask Gombotribe to send you a copy of the poem her father wrote about the subject of inappropriate dress.
    It was one of the best I've ever seen. I think it was Lady Dorothy's husband who wrote it.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy - thanks for the note and about Gombotribe. Will do!

    ReplyDelete

It'd be SO NICE of you to drop me a comment...